Whether you call it Recruitment, Resourcing, Search and Selection or Talent Acquisition you can be sure that the decision you take when you hire someone for your organisation is one of the most important management decisions you will make.
Getting the right people on-board who deliver on their potential is one of the most challenging tasks for any company, yet one that pays real dividends when successfully executed.
Once you’ve hired the right people, it’s important to retain and motivate them. Research shows that people stay with companies for three main reasons. The first is personal and career development, second is a good working relationship with their boss and third is values alignment and fair recognition & reward. Get these right and the talent will shine in your organisation.
Competency Based Interviewing
At Simon Brown Associates we strongly believe that a well designed competency based selection process conducted by well trained competency based interviewers can make all the difference. Research shows that many organisations still rely on CV based interviews and ask theoretical , non measurable questions such as “where do you see yourself in five years time” and “what would you do if…..?” These methods have only a 25% predictive validity for selection of the right people for the right roles.
Competency based interviewing, where examples of actual skills and behaviours used are probed for by a trained interviewer, has a far more effective chance of success.
According to extensive research (UMIST, 1992) as much as 68% of all hires will successfully deliver on their potential when Competency based interviews are used in conjunction with other appropriate selection assessment tools.
Qualified as an Expert
Managing consultant Simon Brown is fully qualified and accredited in Competency Based Interviewing (CBI) and Interview Skills Training, Occupational Testing and use of OPQ psychometrics by SHL.
He is trained in Targeted Selection using the STAR method from Direct Dimensions International.
Simon Brown Associates Offers Experienced & Fully Qualified Consulting & Advice On:
- Choosing the right competencies to measure for the role profile you have defined.
- Designing competency based interview guides.
- Providing other appropriate selection assessment tools.
- Design and facilitation of assessment centres.
- Sourcing and screening of management and shared services professionals.
- Administration and Feedback facilitation of appropriate psychometric assessment tools e.g.
- Occupational Testing (Numeric and Verbal reasoning) & Occupational Preference Questionnaire (OPQ).
- Interview Skills training workshops for individuals and teams.*
*These bespoke workshop sessions will vary in length from 0.5 to 2 days, based on agreed needs.
Retaining & Developing Your Team
Simon Brown is a fully trained coach and mentor. He has over 80 endorsements on Linked in for his effectiveness in talent management.
At SBA we offer you help in the following:
- Updating you performance management & performance development methods.
- Traingin your managers as effectives coaches and mentors for your employees. see Cocahing & Mentoring for more info
- How to improve employee engagement at your company.
- How to retain and motivate your team.
- How to create clear career paths.
All of the above will help you to improve productivity and business performance in your company.